BEST PRACTICE 2
Striving for Excellence: A path through research!
Objectives of the practice:
- To encourage the students, research scholars, faculty for research.
- To create a platform for innovative and novel research ideas.
- To generate funds to boost research activities and other required facilities.
- To encourage faculty members to participate and present their research papers in National and International Conferences/Seminars/Workshops/Symposiums.
- To produce quality publications (articles in UGC listed journals, journals with good repute/impact factor), patents and consultancy.
As per our Vision and Mission, we strive to excel in Pharmaceutical education and research. We aimed to prepare our students to play crucial role in development of society. In the development any country, science and technology play an important role. As our country is developing nation, promotion of research is very crucial. This could be achieved, only by enabling the researchers by focusing on their core research work with a support system and helping them to gain the necessary funding, required facilities and sufficient time for research work. Therefore, promotion of research is a need of the time. The college initiates research activities through the motivation, and providing basic research facilities to the faculty and the students.
- The institute has Research and Development Cell and Research Advisory Committee which monitors and promotes research activities at the institute and responsible for continuous improvements in the quality of research of each department.
- The research work carried out by the students and faculties in the institute are critically monitored and supervised by their respective research guides and reviewed by the Research Committee as and when required.
- Faculty members are encouraged to participate and present their research papers in National and International Conferences/Seminars/Workshops/Symposiums
- The college provides computing and internet facility, e-journals, etc. for research scholars and teachers.
- We practice and promote scientific ethics through the screening of research reports through plagiarismX software.
- Students are encouraged to participate in AVISHKAR research convention organized by University for developing their research attitude.
Evidence of success
The Institute has observed successful outcomes in research in the last few years.
- More than 40 faculty members have been awarded with a Ph.D. degree.
- Many faculties are approved research guides/supervisors at university.
- More than 700 research papers published in the journals notified by UGC, and International level of journals and in conferences/workshops/symposiums, with large number of citations
- More than 800 lakhs of research grants received to institute.
- More than 100 Major and Minor funded research projects completed/ongoing during the last five years.
- Many Students and faculties won various prizes in State level Avishkar competition
Problems encountered and resources required
- The continued motivation of the student and the faculty is always a challenge
- All the concern departments have established their own research domain, but there is a need for multidisciplinary research.
- More research funding needs to be generated for the advancement and growth in R & D activities of the institute.